At Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies, we believe in the importance of keeping your personal information safe and sound. We take this responsibility very seriously, and we are committed to taking all the necessary measures to ensure that your information is secure. You can read all about our privacy policies in our Privacy Notice, where we explain how we collect, use, and share your personal information in a way that protects your privacy. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when doing business with us, and that’s why we’re so passionate about keeping your personal information safe.
Providing your personal information
The entity responsible for handling your personal information at Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies will be a member of Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies, which is the organisation that initially collects information from or about you. If there are specific aspects of the collection and use of your data that are not addressed by this Privacy Notice, then the notice made available to you when your personal information was collected will apply.
It’s important to note that providing your personal information is optional, but declining to do so may limit the products and services we can provide to you. For instance, if you decline to provide mandatory travel information, we won’t be able to transport you.
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to ensure compliance with legal requirements and the way we conduct our business. If we make any changes to our Privacy Notice, we will post updates on this webpage and in the privacy sections of any relevant Platforms. We recommend that you frequently check this webpage and the privacy sections of any relevant Platforms for the latest version of our Privacy Notice. In case we make significant changes to our Privacy Notice, we will try to notify you by publishing a notice on our website or the appropriate section of any other Platform, or by email.
We may include links to third-party websites on our Platforms. Please note that our Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of any third-party site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites not operated by any entity in the Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies group, and we urge you to read the privacy statements of any such third-party site.
What personal information do we collect and when and why do we use it
Personal information we collect and use if you make a booking with us.
When you book a flight, or holiday or make other travel-related bookings with us, we will collect, process and use personal information so that we can deal with all aspects of your booking.
The types of personal information we collect when you make a booking with us include your :
date of birth
contact details (including email address and telephone/mobile number)
Passenger Name Record (PNR) number
details of next of kin
payment card details
loyalty scheme number
nationality and other information for tax purposes (some countries only)
destination address where required (i.e. the US)
How we use this personal information
We use your personal information to:
- fulfil our agreement with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking, or contacting you if there is a problem with your booking (for example, by sending you a service message to inform you when your booking has not been completed)
- update you on changes to your travel itinerary (for example, if a flight is delayed or cancelled)
- manage operations related to your journey, for example, ground handling (such as baggage and baggage claims), airport operations (such as check-in), fulfilment of meals, pick up and drop off by chauffer or transfer drivers (which may be handled by us or third-party service providers)
- manage your wider travel and products or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to airlines, service providers (such as catering companies and ground and cargo handlers) and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimised), this includes when you book a holiday package, hotel, car or another ancillary service which may be provided by us or third parties through our Platforms
- process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and accounting or audit purposes
- provide access to lounges and other airport products and services (such as welcoming services)
- personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile)
- personalise the look and feel of our Platforms and communications with you, to align with preferences you may have told us about or which we have inferred from your use of our Platforms, market research, your interactions with us on social media and previous transactions (details on How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics are below)
- communicate with check-in agents, flight crew, ground staff, airlines, accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints
- improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys so that we can obtain a better understanding of how we can continue to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones. During these surveys, we may collect personal information from you relating to your thoughts/comments about your experience with us
- market our products and services to you (details on How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics are below)
- work with social media providers to provide you with advertisements within those platforms (details on How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics are below)
- manage our business such as for systems testing, IT maintenance or development training, benchmarking and performance measurement
- as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time.
Special categories of personal information we collect and use
We also collect special categories of personal information. The types of special categories of personal information we collect when you make a booking include:
- details about your health or medical condition
- your religion (for special religious flight bookings (such as Hajj travel))
- your biometric data
We use special categories of personal information to:
- determine your fitness to travel (for example, if you have a pre-existing medical condition which may make it unsafe to fly)
- provide you with special assistance (for example, where you tell us that you need an oxygen tank or a wheelchair) on our flights, at destinations or activities or airports
- fulfil special dietary requirements you tell us about
- determine your eligibility for special religious flight bookings
- identify you by using use facial recognition and other biometric technologies which may be used by ourselves, our travel providers, immigration authorities at the airports we fly to, including on behalf of governments, and to comply with local regulatory requirements
- address a security or medical incident
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time
Where your religion or health status could be inferred from meal preferences, we will not link this information or use it in any other way other than to fulfil your meal request.
We do not generally collect special categories of personal information from you (or those you are booking for), but where we do, we seek to minimise the collection and use of it and handle it with extra care. We also share this information with third parties (who help manage our business and deliver services, such as those parties who provide wheelchairs at airports) and other companies within the Group (who help manage your booking or journey), and we transfer it globally. Click on the following relevant sections for further details about Sharing your personal information with others and Transferring personal information globally.
Where you (or any passenger travelling) provide us with special categories of personal information you agree that you have voluntarily provided such information and you consent (and the passenger travelling consents) for us to use that information for the purposes for which it was collected.
Making a booking on behalf of another person
If you are making a booking on behalf of another person(s), it is your responsibility to obtain their consent to make the booking and share their details with us (as anticipated by this Privacy Notice), which we will assume that you have done before making the booking. It is also your responsibility to represent that person during the booking process, which means that you will need to provide us with the information required to make a booking, such as the full name and passport details of the person concerned, and explain to that person how we will use their personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice. Where required by local laws, we would advise you to keep a record of their agreement and provide them with a copy of, or link to, this Privacy Notice. Each person in a booking will be able to view the phone number and/or email of the other person(s) in a booking and update such information. Any operational messages sent to one member of a booking will also be sent to the person who made the booking
Personal information we collect and use from third parties
We collect personal information from third parties who you have authorised to provide your personal information to us (for example, this may be your travel agent or another person making a booking on your behalf, your travel companion, your travel coordinator, co-branded credit card partners, retail stores, social media and other digital platforms). We combine this information with the information we collect directly from you or about you for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. More details on Sharing your personal information with others are below.
We also collect personal information from individuals who may refer you as a friend to our loyalty schemes or products or services. We ask these individuals to confirm that you are happy to hear from us.
Personal information we collect and use when you are making a payment
We collect different personal information depending on your payment method (such as credit card, bank transfer, or cash). For example, for credit card payments we collect the credit card holder’s name, address, card number, expiry date and CVC code. You may also choose to store your credit card details with us for future use. We do not store your CVC/CVV code (which is the security code on the back of a credit card).
Personal information we collect and use during our corporate events and activities
We collect your name, contact information and details on your business card or online professional profile during, or in connection with, our corporate events and activities. We collect this information to communicate with you and present you with business opportunities regarding our company, products and services.
Legal basis for using your personal information
We only collect, process, use, share and store your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- we need to use your personal information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you. For example, to manage your booking with us, to take payment for your booking, to complete your travel arrangements;
- we need to use your personal information for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation. For example, we may record calls to our customer service centre so that we can review how we handle calls and make any necessary improvements or we may share your personal information with other Group companies to improve our products and services. In all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a proportionate way, respects your privacy rights and is by our Privacy Notice, and you have a right to object to the processing as explained in Legal rights available to help manage your privacy;
- we need to use your personal information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have. For example, in some countries, we are required to provide API to border control, customs and law enforcement officers at ports of entry and exit on your itinerary;
- we have your consent to use your personal information for a particular activity. For example, where you consent to us sharing with you special offers about the Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies Group which we think may be of interest; and
- we need to use your personal information to protect your vital interests. For example, we may need to report your medical condition to a hospital or clinic in the event of an emergency.
Sharing your personal information with others
We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with other entities within the Group where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our products and services or to manage our business. We may also share your personal information within the Group to personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile); to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones and for marketing, profiling and analytics as detailed in Personal information we collect and use for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics below; and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- with third parties who help us manage our business and deliver our products and services, including loyalty schemes. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality obligations and use any personal information we share with them or that they collect on our behalf solely to provide the contracted service to us. These third parties include service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems, detect fraudulent transactions and security incidents, provide customer service centre support, manage airport operations, manage communications and tailor marketing and advertising; verify payments such as banks and payment card companies; manage our data warehouses; provide services to administer our Platforms; provide internet services; host our facilities; provide airport ground handling and assistance; provide car services; and conduct research that assists us with understanding consumer interests.
- bank and payment providers to authorise and complete payments;
- with governments, government organisations and agencies, border control agencies, regulators, law enforcement and others as permitted or required by law, about API or such other legal requirements as apply from time to time when travelling to or from a particular country, and to generally comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- with third parties whose products or services you are purchasing through our Platforms or otherwise such as airlines (including our code share and interline partner airlines), tourism agencies, hotel, transfer and car hire companies, tour and excursion providers or travel agents, including if there is a problem with your booking so that your travel agent can resolve it with you;
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our Platforms, traffic patterns and Platform usage with our other entities within the Group or third-party advertisers and social media and digital platforms to provide advertising;
- we work with third-party advertising and social media platforms to provide more personalised advertising promoting our products and services by your preferences as detailed in the Personal information we collect and use for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics below; and
- if in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third-party purchaser of our business or assets.
How we use your personal information for marketing purposes, profiling and analytics
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our products and services
We use personal information to let you know about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. This may be based on your preferences, derived from Cookies, inferred from your interactions with us including on our social media accounts or market research. We may also let you know about our corporate services which we believe may be relevant to you in a professional capacity.
We also work with social media and other digital platforms to provide you with advertisements within those platforms. We provide them with your name and contact details (such as your email address or phone number). If these social media and digital platforms match the profile information provided by us with your profile information held by them then they will serve you our advertisements. The social media platforms will not identify you or share other personal information on your social media account with us.
We will only send you direct marketing, whether about Nasser Air Travel & Shipping Agencies carefully selected third parties or partners, products or services, by your marketing preferences. We may contact you by email, SMS/text, social media, or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. If at any time you would like us to stop sending you marketing material, contact us.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
If you are subject to laws that provide you with such rights, depending on certain exceptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you may have certain rights about your personal information.
If you wish to access any of the rights set out above, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for example, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by completing a form which you can receive, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a communication through our contact us page. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: the source of your personal information; the purposes, legal basis and methods of the processing; the data controller’s identity; and the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- the personal information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation under European Union or Member State law to which the relevant Group entity is subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.