Alitalia is the main passenger transport group in Italy and among the leading players in European air transport.
The Group operates with the brands Alitalia, with a wide range of premium services on domestic, international and intercontinental routes, and Air One, specialized in quality low-cost flights to domestic and international destinations.
Alitalia is a private group, of which 75% of the ownership is held by leading figures in the Italian entrepreneurial and financial world with the remaining 25% held by Air France-KLM, the largest European airline.
The Company is a member of SkyTeam alliance and part of the airline industry’s leading Transatlantic Joint Venture, together with Delta, Air France and KLM.
Alitalia is distinguished by the quality of its service, passenger care, maintenance and the training of its personnel. In Europe, it is one of the most punctual airlines and has one of the most modern fleets, entirely renewed in the past four years through an ambitious investment plan.
Alitalia’s hub is the Leonardo Da Vinci airport in Roma Fiumicino that is also the SkyTeam alliance’s South Europe hub.
Alitalia transported 23 million and 999 thousands of passengers in 2013 and provides service in the 2014 summer season to a network of 103 destinations.
Alitalia also operates in the Cargo sector transporting freight and mail in the holds of its aircraft through a dedicated cargo office. Thanks to an extensive product portfolio, Alitalia can identify the most suitable solution for its customers’ shipping requirements and is also able to satisfy specific needs through the organisation of cargo charter flights.
For over 50 years Alitalia has specialised in the training of flight crews, aircraft maintenance technicians and airport service professionals. In fact, Alitalia Training Centres are aimed at three different areas: flight,ground and maintenance. The courses are characterised by innovative teaching, qualified instructors and cutting-edge technologies that allow for a wide range of “tailored” training solutions. The programs of the courses comply with current regulations and are certified by the relevant authorities.
Alitalia has also developed the “Voglia di volare” program, dedicated to all those who have a fear of flying or are anxious of air travel. Through a course of theoretical knowledge and practical experiments, it is possible to regain the pleasure of flying. Since 1997, more than 2000 people have had the opportunity to speak about their fears not only on board but also on the ground and have been able to get to know aircraft and crew and familiarise themselves with the lesser known technical and psychological aspects. Over 90% of the course participants now fly regularly and wear a smile.
Update: New Direct Flights from Rome & Milan to China