The Maldives are an archipelago of 1,192 coral islands grouped into 26 coral atolls (200 inhabited islands, plus 80 islands with tourist resorts) in the Indian Ocean. They lie south-southwest of India and are considered part of Southern Asia.
Attractions in Maldives
- Diving and snorkelling
Destinations in Maldives
- Lhaviyani (Faadhihpolhu)
- Raa (Maalhosmadulu Uthuruburi)
- Baa (Maalhosmadulu Dhekunuburi)
- Kaafu (North and South Male Atoll)
- Site of the capital Male and the airport, home of most Maldivian resorts.
- Alifu (Ari)
- To the west of Kaafu, the second most popular group.
- Vaavu (Felidhu)
- Meemu (Mulak)
- Faafu (Nilandhe Atholhu Uthuruburi)
- Dhaalu (Nilandhe Atholhu Dhekunuburi)
- Seenu (Addu)
- The southernmost atoll, the second-largest in population and site of Gan International Airport.