The Netherlands is a European country, bordering Germany to the east and Belgium to the south. The people, language, and culture of the Netherlands is referred to as “Dutch”.
With over 16 million people on an area roughly twice the size of New Jersey, it’s a densely populated country with its gorgeous capital Amsterdam being just one of many interesting cities. The Netherlands is at the heart of international cooperation. Its small size, welcoming attitude to travellers and many sights make it a unique and fairly easy to discover destination and a great addition to any European trip.
Attractions in Netherlands
- Water sports
- Art museums
Destinations in Netherlands
- Efteling — renowned theme park with fairytale elements like elves and dwarves
- Hoge Veluwe National Park — largest national park with heathlands, sand dunes and woodlands
- Keukenhof — more than 800,000 visitors see these enormous flower fields each spring
- Kinderdijk — these windmills show the typical Dutch landscape in all its glory
- Schokland — old island evacuated in 1859, a well-preserved ghost village remains
- South Limburg — hilly green landscapes, picturesque villages, castles and orchards
- Texel — largest island suited for cycling, walking, swimming and horse riding
- Waterland and Zaan Region — typical Dutch villages with clogs, wooden houses, windmills and the Zaanse Schans
- Zaanse Schans — open air museum with Dutch windmills and Zaan houses